- 15g of coffee beans
- 250ml of hot water (just below boiling)
- Paper filter
- Coffee grinder
- Digital scale
- Stirring utensil
- Boil water and let it cool for about 30 seconds until it reaches around 194F.
- While the water is heating up, grind the coffee beans to a medium-fine grind size. (Standard grind works)
- Place a paper filter inside the AeroPress cap and rinse it with hot water.
- Place the AeroPress on top of your mug and add the coffee grounds. You can also use the inverted method which is my preferred way.
- Start the timer and pour 50ml of hot water onto the coffee grounds, making sure to wet all the coffee. Let bloom for 30 seconds.
- Use the stirring utensil to gently stir the coffee and water mixture for 10 seconds.
- Add the remaining hot water and stir again for another 10 seconds.
- Wait for 1 minute and then gently press down the plunger until it reaches the bottom of the AeroPress.
- Add water to dilute if desired. The aero press makes a strong “espresso” style so it can be harsh to new drinkers.
- Serve and enjoy
Note: You can adjust the amount of coffee and water to your preference. Also, try experimenting with different coffee beans and grind sizes to find your perfect cup of coffee.